5G Mobile and Wireless Communications Technology
- Afif Osseiran, Ericsson: Afif Osseiran is Director of Radio Communications at the Ericsson CTO office. He previously managed the EU 5G flagship project, METIS, and was Technical Manager of the Eureka Celtic project WINNER+. He has co-edited two books on IMT-Advanced and is a senior member of the IEEE.
- Jose F. Monserrat, Universitat Politècnica de València: Jose F. Monserrat is an Associate Professor in the Communications Department at the Polytechnic University of Valencia. He is a senior member of the IEEE and has been involved in several European projects, including NEWCOM, PROSIMOS, WINNER+, METIS and METIS-II.
- Patrick Marsch, Nokia: Patrick Marsch is a manager at Nokia Networks where he leads a radio research department and is the technical manager of the 5G-PPP project, METIS-II. He was the Technical Project Coordinator of the project EASY-C, where the world’s largest research test beds for LTE-Advanced were established. He is co-editor of Coordinated Multi-Point in Mobile Communications (Cambridge, 2011).
- PUBLICATION DATE: June 2nd 2016
- FORMAT: Hardback, Kindle
- ISBN: 9781107130098
- PAGES: 410
Written by leading experts in 5G research, this book is a comprehensive overview of the current state of 5G. Covering everything from the most likely use cases, spectrum aspects, and a wide range of technology options to potential 5G system architectures, it is an indispensable reference for academics and professionals involved in wireless and mobile communications. Global research efforts are summarised, and key component technologies including D2D, mm-wave communications, massive MIMO, coordinated multi-point, wireless network coding, interference management and spectrum issues are described and explained. The significance of 5G for the automotive, building, energy, and manufacturing economic sectors is addressed, as is the relationship between IoT, machine type communications, and cyber-physical systems. This essential resource equips you with a solid insight into the nature, impact and opportunities of 5G.
- Covers technologies such as massive MIMO, device-to-device communications, mm-wave communications, wireless network coding and performance evaluation
- The first consolidated overview of 5G
- Features authoritative explanations by leading researchers
REVIEWS AND ENDORSEMENT:
“5G is the biggest opportunity ever for our industry. With capabilities much greater than today’s networks, opportunities beyond our imagination will appear. With 5G, we will be able to digitalize industries and realize the full potential of a networked society. New ecosystems will emerge, including new players. To fulfill the expectations on 5G, the industry needs to work in close collaboration with a joint understanding of the technology and its potential. This book is an excellent knowledge base, explaining the potential of 5G and the required technology behind it.”
Ulf Ewaldsson, Senior Vice President and CTO, Ericsson
“So far, cellular innovation has focused on driving data rates. With 5G, in addition we see the advent of low-latency Tactile Internet and massive IoT generating new opportunities for society. The first comprehensive view on 5G, based mainly on the EU METIS project, this book gives a great insight into challenges and solutions.”
Gerhard Fettweis, Technische Universität, Dresden
“The first comprehensive text on 5G, essential to understand the enabling technologies that will make the future hyper-connected world a reality.”
Narcis Cardona, Polytechnic University of Valencia